Latest Posts

Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner Review

By 12:23 AM

Whew!  Sorry it has been a while since my last post, but I found I really had to do some testing.  Plus, you know life, it's a bear.

So this review will be on the Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner.  Ardency in is supposed to give you the feel of the New York music scene.  It's supposed to be easy to use and allow one lots of creativity.

I love my Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner. I am wearing one color or another pretty much daily.  When I saw Jaclyn Hill talk about the Ardency Inn liners in so many of her videos, like her December Favorites and this gorgeous double wing look to name a few, I knew I had to try it.

The Jaclyn Effect is a real thing.  She mentions something and you need it in your life.  I think it has to do with her knowledge, enthusiasm, and skill with make-up.

The Ardency Inn Modster Eyeliners are $19.00 a piece.  The black is nearly always sold out on the Sephora website.  Like I said, but it might need reiterating, the Jaclyn Hill Effect is real thing.  I really wanted the trio.  It comes with the black, a blue, and gold for $29.00.  But when I made my order, it was sold out.  So I went for the travel duo.  It came with a bright blue and the black for $15.00.


I was very excited about this.  From what Queen Jaclyn said, this stuff was "amazeballs."

This is the back of the box.
I did feel that blue and black were great colors to test.  Black is a staple.  I love my black liner.  I think I look weird without black in my water line.  It takes some effort for me to try other colors.  But blues have been a fun pop of color.  Plus I do love golds and bronzes and greys.

Isn't that blue gorgeous?
I think the packaging is cute.  I was excited about how bright that blue is.  How Spring/Summery is that?

From the Top: Ardency Inn, UD Perversion, and UD Zero.
 I liked how smooth and pigmented the application was.  It was on par with my Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencils.  My Urban Decay pencils are $20.00 each.  At this point that this might save me $1.00 each on eyeliner, which can add up if you have an eyeliner addiction.

Oh yeah.  That's a purdy blue.
I loved the color of the black.  It's right between UD  Perversion and Zero. I can't wear Perversion in my waterline because it's so pigmented that it irritates my eyes.  Something I learned from VintageorTacky.

My first day I tried it, it was snowy and my eyes were watery (plus the harsh lighting at work does not help).  I have issues with that sometimes because of my contacts, I think.  It created something like a film and my vision would occasionally be blurry.

I had recently unwittingly slept in my contacts after years of not doing so.  It was an accident, I was just worn out from work.  I know, I'm burning in contact wearers hell right now.  I felt that my results could be skewed because of this.  I trashed those contacts.  I wore Zero in my waterline to see if it was the weather. Zero wore fine.  I tried the Ardency Inn one again.  The weird film came back.

On my next day off, I wore Zero (waterline) and Perversion (on the lid as liner) and all Ardency Inn on the other eye.  I found that the Zero pencil started to wear fastest, but it was slow and even.  When the Ardency Inn wore, it was more patchy.  After about 6 hours they were worn about the same.  I didn't have watery eyes that day and there was no film/blurriness.  It wore about the same as the Perversion.

So, this is hard.  I think it's pretty much on par with Urban Decay.  If you do not have issue with watery eyes you may really like this.  It is the perfect black.  But with it just being a dollar difference from my <3 UD, it making my vision blurry when my eyes do water, and the similar performance, I won't purchase any more of this.

Another thing, Ardency Inn isn't Cruelty Free.  I really like that Urban Decay is.  I like that even though they had a chance to make more money by opening their market and having a 3rd party test on animals, they refused.  I won't get into all my feelings on that, but if I have a brand I love that doesn't test, I'm not going to switch to a brand that does test.

Both products are made in Germany.

I'm not quite calling this hype.  It is good in some ways.  But it just doesn't quite do all the things I want.

* Neither Urban Decay nor Ardency Inn gave me products to try.  I bought all of this with my own money.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I read on the Sephora site that all ardency inn products are cruelty free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great catch! Maybe I missed it back then or they didn't list it. I double checked and according to Cruelty Free Kitty, they are! Thanks for pointing it out! http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/list-of-cruelty-free-brands/

      Delete