Latest Posts

Stila Patina Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick

By 4:12 PM

Liquid Lipstick is the thing right now.  Most brands have one or are launching one soon.  I purchased Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the color Patina a while back.

Patina
This is one of those colors that will fall in line with the 90's trend that many people are very into currently.  It is a dusty mauve color.  It is very popular on the Sephora site and is often sold out.  It is $22.00 for  .10 fl oz.

The applicator
The applicator is a lightly cupped doe foot that conforms to the lips well.  It does get a lot of product on it, so you have to be careful to scrape that off and work with small amounts at a time or you could end up looking all Hatchet Face from Cry Baby.  Perhaps start at the center of your lips to get the highest amounts of product and then start pushing it to the out side.

Patina swatch
As you can see it is a lovely shade of dusty rose with a touch of brown.  It goes on very creamy, almost messy, which is another reason to be careful with the application.  It is quite pigmented, but you can control how dramatic this is on you.  If you're darker than me, this would probably be a "your lips but better" color.  It has a light play dough cookie scent.

As usual my bathroom light warmed it up a little.
It does dry down very fast with very little transfer.  And boy howdy, does it dry.  As you can tell from the picture above it dries the heck out of my lips.  It's partially to be expected with a long wearing matte.  However, you really have to make sure that your lips are in good condition before using this.  Like exfoliate, moisturize, and get ready for the Sahara.

Left to Right: TF Melted Chihuahua, CP Lumière, and Stila Patina
Melted Chihuahua is more brown, Lumière is a little pinker but nearly a dupe.

It is a good lipstick if you have lips in amazing condition.  If you don't... There will be cracks and probably flaking.

In my opinion ColourPop Lumière is just too close of a color, much more comfortable, easier to apply, has similar longevity, and is so much cheaper that it makes Patina hype.  I would rather pay $5.00 than $22.00.

* I bought all lipsticks pictured myself.  No one held me down and dropped lipsticks into my purse.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post! The swatches look so beautiful! You have a really nice blog, I'm following you now on gfc. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete