Latest Posts

ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Bijou Review

By 11:25 PM

The description of a color sometimes is all we have to totally sell us on something.  So when ColourPop released Bijou telling me that it was a cool toned rose, I popped that right into my cart.

ColourPop
Bijou is made in the USA, not tested on animals, vegan, and gluten free.  They ship everywhere except: China, Turkey, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimean region of the Ukraine, Sudan and Syria.  I have heard that shipping can still be pretty expensive and some people still prefer to use Shipitto.

ColourPop is well known for its amazing pricing.  It is only $6.00 for 2.85 grams of product.

Holiday packaging
Right off the bat, let me say I love this packaging.  There is a black cap and border.  The tube is frosted and clear and the brand is printed in black.  The box is super cute too.



The applicator is a small doe foot and does allow you to apply the color quite well, although a lip brush would also be great.

Bijou swatch
Now when I saw the tube in the Small Haul I did, I was sooooo excited.  It was a lovely cool toned rose in the tube.  I keep saying "in the tube" for a reason.  This swatch is pretty but alludes to what is about to happen on my lips.


It turned purple.  Straight up purple on my lips.  I had roses once that were purple, but that isn't what I thought I was getting in this color.  I like purple lips.  But I thought it was going to be the color in the tube.

I even searched pictures on this and watched videos.  It turns purple on everyone.  I thought it might just be me or I might have an off batch of the color.  Nope.

Rose tube, purple lips
The formula is comfortable.  It dries down after a while but it is transferable.  It lasts quite a while but may need a touch up after eating.  It is opaque and has a mousse texture.

I don't know how I feel about this.  I think I would like this more if the description had called this a medium deep cool toned plum rose.  I would have known what the color was and liked it.  But saying a cool toned rose made me think this was going to be pink.  I thought I was getting a perfect daily wear lipstick.

So, if you get this thinking you're getting a rose color, you may be disappointed.  If you like purple, you might be okay with this.  If after seeing stuff about this, you know it will be a pretty purple, and you buy it, you will get what you're expecting.

I love the packaging.  I was really hoping for the color in the tube, so I am slightly disappointed.  However, I also like purple lipstick and this is a pretty purple, so I like it for that.

I guess I'm confused lol.

*I bought Bijou by myself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments