Latest Posts

April 2017 Sephora Play First Look

By 9:26 PM

This is my first Sephora Play box.  I have been on the waiting list for months, but I keep seeming to get invited to join in their reindeer games when I'm broke. I finally got off the list and I thought they were going to send me my first box when the highlighters were out.  Not so much.  They finally sent me this box.  




 The theme for April 2017 was Step it Up and it had this bag inside.


 From what I can gather, with this box, you generally receive five samples and a perfume sample.  That's really great for the people who don't like perfume samples so they don't count as one of your samples.  None of the items were full size.

Dr Dennis Gross
The first item I received was two treatments of Dr Dennis Gross' Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel.  I'm not wrinkling yet but I am 35, so I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to see fine lines around my eyes.  I am looking forward to this because it helps with collagen reproduction and helps your skin retain moisture.  It's also supposed to help with texture, which isn't a problem I have, but it doesn't hurt.  I hope I don't love this because the full size is 16 treatments for $88.00.  I guess if you look at it that each treatment is $5.50, it doesn't sound so bad.

Smashbox
I love getting primers and even though we just got this in our Boxycharm box a few months ago (the travel size), this is great to get again.  It's the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.  It says that it is oil free and it feels like a silicone slip type primer.  It does help with pores and help your makeup last longer.  It is $36.00 for the 1 oz standard size of this.

Sephora
I don't use eye makeup remover a lot.  I usually use it if I screw up a wing eye liner look.  I do that often though.  The Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover is one of the ones that is layered until you shake well.  It helps remove water proof makeup and even has stuff in it that is supposed to be good for your eyelashes.  Maybe I should give this more of a go!  The smallest full size is 50 ml for $7.50.

Ole Henricksen
I know, I've mentioned many times that I love getting serums and this is a yay for this item.  I have tried it befor and I didn't love it, but I also had it in a packet, which I don't feel I can really make a good decision on. I need weeks of use.  This bottle may not have been full size, but the Ole Henricksen Truth Serum is still a good sized bottle and will really give me an opportunity to see if I like it.  It is supposed to be good for all skin types and is supposed to brighten, help with collagen, and help retain moisture.  All good things in my book!  It is $48.00 for the 1 oz full size though!

Make Up For Ever
The last item was the item they gave a sneak peak at.  I knew I would receive a Make Up For Ever product in my box. Granted, the Aqua XL Eye Pencil isn't my favorite eye liner.  I did love the story that it started being used for water ballet.  I'm excited to give this another shot, because tastes change.  I may find I love this eye liner now!  The full size is .04 oz and is $21.00.  It is made in Germany, which all the best liners seem to be.

Juliette has a Gun
The perfume sample was a monthly bonus.  This one was Juliette has a Gun Not a Perfume.  It's note is Cetalox, which is a synthetic ambergris.  Ambergris, very simplified, is very expensive sperm whale vomit.  It's actually more of a waxy intestinal secretion.  But I'm sticking with whale vomit. Which makes me happy this is a synthetic lol.  It's still better than Civet Musk. It just smells woodsy clean.  Not like fresh laundry clean, but clean and simple.  The full size 1.7 oz is $100.00.




 This wasn't a bad first box.  It didn't blow my mind but everything is useful and I will like trying it.  I will try at least another month of this.

* I pay for my own boxes.  My codes are the general points codes everyone has.  All of my links go straight to the products website, without a stop over to give me money click link site.


You Might Also Like

0 comments