Latest Posts

April 2017 Glossybox First Look

By 7:53 PM

I know I'm slacking on writing lately.  I do apologize, I will try to do better.  Glossybox is a $21.00 a month subscription box.  This is my referral link, you don't have to use it.  They have a "Glossydots" point system.  You do surveys on your box for 20 points each and referring a friend is 1000 points.  You can get a free box for 1k points.


The theme for the month of April was, "Spring Awakening."  If they popped a Loco Moca Monster in here, I would feel the awakening for sure.  Sadly, that was not to be. 😟


The box was beautifully packaged, as usual.  I used these boxes in my Christmas gifts and received much love on that front.

Mystery Brand
The first item we received was a mystery shampoo and conditioner.  There is a brand that has reformulated and they want us to try us out and then complete some surveys on how we liked the new formula.  It is made by Proctor and Gamble.  It does appear to contain silicones.  Rumor on the street has it that it is Head and Shoulders, but we'll see, won't we?

Aromafloria
Seeing that sandal season is upon us, I was very excited to receive the For Feet's Sake Intense Repair Spa Foot Butter by Aromafloria.  Aromafloria is a wind powered company that uses 100% certified organic products.  This one contains vitamin E, shea butter, tea tree, and mint.  It absorbs fast and the tea tree and mint scent is strong here.  I suppose that is good to banish the stanky feet smell.  The mint felt quite refreshing. It is $4.00 for the 1 oz full size.  The size in the box was full size.

Jafra
The scent in this box was quite springy.  It was from Jafra International and Philippine Courtière and called Paris et Moi.  It has a sweet and floral scent.  The full size is 1.7 fl oz and sells for $52.00.  The size in the box was .23 fl oz.  Although it was an eau de parfum it wasn't heady or strong.  It was spring appropriate and lighter.

Doucce
I have lost count of how many mascaras I have received from Doucce.  They're not a bad brand but after 05479767697275979846 Maxlash Volumizer Mascaras from Doucce, you start to hope for more brands.  This was black.  It's a decent mascara, but I wouldn't buy it for the $22.00 price tag.

Vasanti
Oh boy.  Another item we have received 3964879676562356 of from various boxes.  I love cleansers.  I sometimes like scrubby cleansers.  But again, I have received the Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator a lot.  The full size is 4.2 oz and sells for $34.00.  I don't mean to bah hum bug anyone who is newer to boxes and hasn't received a parade of these, it is a physical exfoliator that has papaya to help break down dead skin.  It's not bad and I'm sure I'll use it, just as I used the other 8768968658655.

ColourPop
The last thing was a pair of Ultra Matte Lips from ColourPop.  The first color was Wednesday, a bright summer pink that would look pretty with a tan I won't have.  I still plan on wearing it.  I have been gravitating to their satin formula but I have lip toppers and I might feel a matte mood strike, so I'm not sad about receiving this.  I think more people, that aren't cool toned ghosts like me, will love the second color I got.  Speed Dial is a lovely Terracotta color that will look very pretty on warm skin tones.  These were both full size, 3.2 g, and sell for $6.00 each.


This wasn't a bad box.  It had lots of fun things to try and I think I really would have liked it if I were new to boxes.  I like the foot stuff , I love ColourPop, and the perfume is something different to try, so I'm not mad at this box.  Plus, I get to feel like a guinea pig, sadly without the giant wheel of fun, and try a new formula of a random shampoo!

* I pay for my own boxes.  My codes are the general points codes everyone has.  All of my links go straight to the products website, without a stop over to give me money click link site.

You Might Also Like

0 comments