Latest Posts

April 2017 Ipsy First Look

By 9:33 PM

This is my April 2017 Ipsy bag. Ipsy is a $10.00 per month subscription bag.  You do earn points be reviewing the products and getting your friends to join, this is my referral code if you ever want to use it.  The Ipsy points have been doing better lately.  There have been lots of things under 1k points.  However, they are nearly always sold out, so you really have to be on it to get them.  I am not usually on it.


 The theme for April was Sideshow.  Hmmm....  Yeah I really have no comment on that theme.  The bag was plastic and shaped like a ticket.  It wasn't nearly as pretty as last month.

Mint Pear
When I first saw the sneak peak I saw that I received Mint Pear again and I was shocked.  I thought Ipsy had sent me the same product twice.  Not just twice.  Two months in a row.  I decided to reign in my indignation and have faith that Ipsy would do no such thing.  My faith was justified.  It was indeed Mint Pear, but this was the C Your Youth Serum, rather than the Collagen Serum of last month.  I love serums, so I was cool with receiving them back to back.  This is supposed to "lighten, tighten, and brighten." This is Leaping Bunny certified.  It doesn't have parabens, phthalates, mineral oil and a bunch of other stuff.  So far, sounds great, right?  Wait for it.  The size in the bag was 8 ml.  The full size is 15 ml and sells for $79.00.  Yup.


I have responded to the survey so many times saying this color is not for me.  Yet, here we go again with another bronze/copper shade.  Oh, Ipsy.  You're breaking my heart here! 😢  Oh well, I can give it to someone else.  Like I do every time.  This is the Naked Cosmetics Heavy Metal #04.  The full size sells for $14.99.  On the plus side, this does seem to allow for a lighter or more dramatic application.  I can imagine it would be quite dramatic if applied wet.  It seems to be a good formula, even if I'm not into the color.

Meg
I love nail polishes, so getting a new brand, especially when they are cruelty free makes me happy.  The first thing I did was check to see if this is Formaldehyde free (my sister is allergic) and it is.  It is also Toluene, DBP, and camphor free.  This brand is supposed to use a formula that is high shine.  This is the Meg Twin Nail in Lovey Dovey. It's an Ipsy limited edition and has a ashy purple and a warm sand nude. This is the full size 5 ml for $10.00.

GlamourDolls
I totally went nuts for this GlamourDolls with Lisa Frank Unicorn Angled Blush Brush.  It has rainbow unicorns and brought my childhood in hard with Lisa Frank.You couldn't show up to school back in the day with out Lisa Frank.  GlamourDolls is the brand of makeup artist Jessica Romano who is going for cruelty free and vegan makeup with quality.  They have a Kickstarter going for this and this brush is on pre-order for $5.00.  I think this is just about the cutest thing.  AmagadrainbowunicornsI'mtotallydyinginagoodway
 
Mr. Bing on the right


I'm a fan of ColourPop and especially Kathleen Lights.  I was sooooooooooo excited when I saw that we'd be getting an eyeliner in the box.  I was hoping for Best O.  I got ColourPop's Crème Gel Liner in Mr. Bing.  It was created with Kathleen Lights.  She definitely named it for Chandler from Friends.  It's a lovely warm brown and of course I already have it.  I have seen reviews that people found it to be dry and didn't work in their water line.  I didn't have that problem at all with this product.  I actually really liked it, but maybe I got a good one.  It is a roll up liner.


Over all, this was fairly decent.  The Naked shadow totally disappointed me, but only because I've said 03495309674958y64967 times that I don't like this shade and I STILL get it.  I was fairly happy with everything else.  The brush makes me forget my dislike for the pigment.

* I pay for my own boxes.  My codes are the general points codes everyone has.  All of my links go straight to the products website, without a stop over to give me money click link site.

You Might Also Like

0 comments